The Scotch Plains-Fanwood Chapter of UNICO is dedicated to helping area students maximize their talent and potential through educational pursuits. Over the past 40 years, since our chapter has formed, we have distributed over a quarter of a million dollars in scholarship awards.
- This year the chapter is offering four (4) $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors who are of verifiable Italian heritage.
- Children of SP-F UNICO members in good standing have no residency requirements to be considered for an award.
- Children of Non-SP-F UNICANS must reside in Scotch Plains or Fanwood.
- May attend a school outside of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to be considered for an award.
Scholarship winners are selected by the general membership of Scotch Plains-Fanwood UNICO. Awards are based on a combination of financial need, academic excellence, SAT scores, extracurricular activity and civic involvement. Scholarships will be applied only to the first year of study at an accredited college/university or technical school. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution, not to exceed the charges remaining after considering all other scholarships/grants. A detailed Bursar’s invoice and documentation of expenses are required prior to disbursement of funds.
Deadline for the receipt of applications is March 1st.
- Applicants are to request the Counseling Office to forward a copy of their transcript including SAT scores to the Committee on or before February 15th.
- As in the past, applicants will have to submit a UNICO supplement in addition to the standard SP-F Local Scholarship Application. Both can be downloaded below.